Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy

venerdì 20 maggio 2022

LAWN FAWNATICS "DIES ONLY" CHALLENGE

 Hello my sweet friends!

Today I'd like to share with you the cards I made to take my chance over the current Lawn Fawnatics Challenge called "Dies Only".

So I die cut some hibiscus flower and leaves with the "Happy Hibiscus" and "Tropical Leaves" die sets, I colored them with Distress Oxide inks and I splattered with tone on tone inks and white and gold Distress paints.

I blended saltwater taffy, abandoned coral and aged mahogany Distress Oxide inks for the darker flowers and kitsch flamingo and spun sugar Distress Oxide inks for the others.

To color the leaves I used several Distress Oxide combos as mowed lawn and rustic wilderness, bundle sage and lucky clover and twisted citron and moweed lawn.

Then I moved to my backgrounds and I was inspired by one made by Joy Baldwin from "Create with Joy" that you can find here.

I cut two 5,5"x4,25" panel from white cardstock and I inked them swiping my Distress Oxide ink pads directly on them.

For the yellow one I used fossilized amber in the center and squeeze lemonade on both side.



For the purple one I used villainous potion and wilted violet in the center and milled lavander on both side.



I then decided to leave the yellow background as it was. I glued leaves and flowers on it using a mix of liquid glue and foam tape  and I added a dark brown die cuts "hugs" script from the  "Long Distance Hugs” die set.


Here are some close-ups.


The purple background was a bit too shocking, so I first splattered it with clean water  and then with tone on tone inks and white and silver Distress paints. I put the flowers on it  and I added a rose gold "aloha" script that I die cut with the "Scripty Aloha” die set.



I really enjoy how these two cards turned out and I'm so in love with these backgrounds that I'll make some more for sure.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Big hugs, Silvia.

1 commento:

  1. oh wow!! both of these cards are STUNNING!! they are works of art and should be hung on a wall!! gorgeous! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :D

    RispondiElimina